Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
Looking for a quick and simple dinner? Try our this creamy dairy free Avocado Pesto Pasta - ready in under 15 minutes and loaded with bucket fulls of flavor!
- 8 ounces/250 grams Pasta of choice (I used Rigatoni)
- 1 Medium Avocado, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed Basil
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup toasted Pine Nuts
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 packed cup Baby Spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup halved Cherry Tomatoes, to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt, and then cook pasta according to directions on packet until Al Dente.
- Whilst pasta is cooking, combine Avocado, Basil, Olive Oil, Nutritional Yeast, Pine Nuts, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Baby Spinach, Sugar, Salt and Pepper in a food processor. Blend till smooth.
- Drain pasta once it is cooked and then toss with your prepared Avocado Pesto in a bowl.
- Check for seasoning, and then serve topped with halved Cherry Tomatoes.
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita