Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Tofu
A refreshing, tasty noodle salad exploding with zingy flavours. Ready in under 30 minutes.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu (1 heaped cup, cubed)
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) sesame oil, for cooking
- 100g/3.5oz snow peas (large handful)
- 100g/3.5oz red capsicum/bell pepper (1/2 med capsicum)
- 100g/3.5oz broccolini (4-5 stalks)
- 90g/3.2oz soba noodles
- Topping: 10g/0.4oz (3 tsp) sesame seeds
- 30ml/1oz (2 Tbsp) light soy sauce
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) sesame oil
- 5g/0.2oz ginger, finely chopped
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) fresh lime juice
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove from heat then rinse and drain them under cold water until noodles are cool and each strand is separated. To prevent them from sticking, place them in cold water until ready to use.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan on medium-high heat then cook the cubed tofu for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- In the meantime, steam the broccolini for 3-4 minutes. Cut the snow peas and capsicum and finely chop the ginger.
- Prepare the dressing by combining the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil and ginger. Mix until well combined.
- Drain the soba noodles and place in a bowl. Add the snow peas, capsicum, tofu, broccolini, drizzle with the dressing and top with sesame seeds.
Macros – Carb: 59g Fat: 32g Prot: 48g Calories: 716
This recipe is part of the 7-day Strength meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!