Guest Blogger Kath and Jade
Sisters Kath and Jade, both passionate about food, hope you enjoy their recipes. See all recipes by Kath and Jade
The filling for these divine magnum-like ice creams is refined sugar free, dipped in a deluxe vegan white chocolate (so technically not completely refined sugar free, only a little bit).? Recipe by Jade.
For the coating:
1. Drain cashews, rinse well. Set in a high-speed blender with remaining ingredients (start with less maple syrup, if desired) and blend until silky smooth. Taste, and add extra maple, to suit your preference.
2. Divide between silicone magnum moulds (this made 5, for me), then insert popsicle sticks. Freeze for 3 + hours.
To make the chocolate coating:
1. Place the 200g chocolate and coconut oil in a heat proof bowl, and set over a pot of just simmering water. Melt slowly, then remove from heat and allow to cool (and thicken) for 5 minutes.
2. Remove magnums from the freezer and their moulds. Line a tray with baking paper. Dip each magnum into the melted chocolate, and set on the baking paper. Add optional caramel drizzle, then set in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate is hard.
3. You can store these in the freezer (in an airtight container) and eat as ice creams (allow 5 mins to defrost) or fridge (airtight container) to enjoy as a mousse-style magnum; highly recommended.
NOTE: I made these with minimal maple syrup as the vegan chocolate provided all the sweetness necessary. You may want to think about how sweet your chocolate coating is, to decide how much maple you want to add.
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!