Homemade Chocolate Heart Melts with Cardamom
Experience delicious homemade chocolates in the shapes of little hearts that melt in your mouth with the divine flavour of cardamom. Recipe is based on ElaVegan's 'How to Make Chocolate'.
Serves 12 | Prep time: 10 mins + chilling time
- 40g/1.4oz (1/4 cup) cacao butter
- 25g/0.88oz (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cardamom pods
- Unhull the cardamom pods to reveal the seeds and crush the seeds into a fine powder.
- Melt the cacao butter (finely chop it if it’s in big pieces) over a double boiler, stirring often. Once melted, remove it from the heat.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, and cardamom powder. Whisk until lump-free.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a silicone mould of heart shapes and leave to set for several hours in the fridge or 20-30 minutes in the freezer.
- After setting, remove the chocolates heart melts from the mould and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!