These muffins are insanely yummy! They taste similar to nutella, but with less sugar and no dairy. They are vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, fructose friendly and super easy to make!
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or raw sugar
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free self raising flour (Can sub with buckwheat flour. You may have to add more baking powder for the rising component)
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 flax ‘egg’ (1tbsp of flax meal mixed with 3tbsp of water)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
1. Preheat a fan forced oven at 170C / 340F and grease a muffin tray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, flax egg and almond milk.
3. Sift the gluten free flour and raw cacao powder into the mixture.
4. Next, mix in the hazelnut meal and baking powder until a batter has formed.
5. Spoon the mixture evenly among the prepared muffin tray.
6. Pop into the oven and bake for approx 30-35 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Allow the muffins to cool, then if you like, top with your favourite nut butter