Chocolate Açai Bowls
A super easy, healthy and indulgent breakfast that the kids will love too!
- 3 packs of pure unsweetened frozen açai (each is 3.53 oz or 100g)
- 4 super ripe bananas (they have to be covered with black dots on the outside, polka dots style)
- 2 Tbsp of the fat of coconut milk
- 1/8 cup of unsweetened plant-based milk
- 3 Tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp of plant-based protein powder (I used Sunfood raw organic vanilla protein powder)
- 5 strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Some kiwi berries
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- Using a high-speed blender, add the coconut fat, milk, frozen acai, bananas, cacao powder and protein powder and blend until smooth. Do not overheat or over blend, you don’t want to end up drinking a chocolate soup! Using the temper to make sure all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serve in 2 bowls and top with strawberry slices, blueberries, kiwi, berries, cacao nibs and hemp hearts.
Nathalie is a vegan chef and holistic health coach with a master's degree in clinical psychology. She is on a worldwide mission to empower women to love themselves unconditionally, through healing their relationship with food and other healthy rituals. See all recipes by Nathalie