Chilli Garlic Grilled Tofu
I like to serve this Chili + Garlic Grilled Tofu with quinoa and whatever veggies I feel like having. Or this is the PERFECT meal prep recipe for a few days of grain bowls.
- 1 Package Extra Firm Tofu, pressed + cut into cubes
For the Marinade:
- 3 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Chili Paste– Like Sambal
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a small container that has a tight fitting lid. Add tofu cubes to the marinade, place the lid on the container and turn the container upside down to coat all of the tofu. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Place container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate the tofu.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Once hot, coat pan with canola oil and place the tofu cubes onto the grill. Do not throw the remaining marinade away!
- Grill tofu for about 3 minutes per side or until it has nicely browned grill marks. Flip tofu and make sure all sides are browned. Trust me! The little bit of extra time it takes to brown all sides is worth it.
- Remove from the grill and place back into the same marinade container, gently tossing, allowing the tofu to absorb any remaining marinade.
- Serve with rice or quinoa!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Megan. I'm a professionally trained pastry chef, recipe developer, outdoor enthusiast and animal lover. See all recipes by Megan