Chilli Bean Burrito
A burrito made quick and easy with delicious ingredients, tightly wrapped in a tortilla. Pro tip for workers: prepare the fillings the night before in a zip lock bag for maximum freshness.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup Mexican chilli beans (canned or use leftover chilli from the night before – Day 3 dinner)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup salad leaves
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 sliced Lebanese cucumber (optional)
- 1/2 medium avocado (optional)
- Soy sour cream (optional)
- You can either have the chilli cold or hot. If you want it warmed, heat it for a few minutes in a saucepan or in the microwave for 20 seconds or until the desired temperature is reached.
- Warm the tortilla in a pan, 30 seconds each side.
- Spoon chilli bean mix evenly down the centre of the tortilla, add tomatoes, salad leaves, coriander (and optional soy sour cream, cucumber and avocado) then tightly roll up the tortilla.
- Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I used quinoa instead of the tortilla. Is that an acceptable substitution?
For sure! That’s a very healthy substitute.
This was delicious! This is my first day and if this is what is to come, bring it on!!
Glad you liked it!