Chickpea Pizza with Salsa Verde and Zucchini Strips
A delicious pizza with green sauce and slender zucchini strips, ideal for those long winter evenings when you need comfort food that's healthy but tasty.
Recipe by Kath and Jade.
Serves 2 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp garbanzo (chickpea) flour
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (can use gf powder)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups spinach
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tsp capers
- 1/2 cup mixed fresh herbs; we used mint, coriander and parsley
- Thinly sliced zucchini strips (we used a peeler for this)
- Raw, grated beetroot
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Hummus, olive oil or hulled tahini
- Whisk all pizza ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl until the mixture is completely uniform, set aside for at least 15 minutes to allow the mix to soak.
- To make the Salsa; pulse all ingredients in a high speed food processor until combined and still slightly chunky (about 12 times)
- Heat coconut oil in a heavy-based fry pan over medium heat for 1 minute until hot, but not allowing the oil to smoke. While the oil is heating, quickly whisk the mixture to work air bubbles through. Once hot, pour the mix into the pan, tilting the pan to evenly spread the mix. Leave to cook for 6-7 minutes before flipping, (the pizza will bubble and begin to dry when ready). Once flipped, cook for roughly 5 minutes on the other side, or until golden brown.
- Top pizza with salsa, then layer on sliced tomato, red onion, zucchini strips and shredded beetroot. Warm under the grill for 2-3 minutes, or to your preference. Serve with avocado and hummus, tahini or olive oil.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Kath & Jade created @panaceas_pantry to share their passion and to inspires others. They hope you enjoy their recipes. See all recipes by Kath and Jade