Cheesy Potato Pancake a la Pancake Parlour
This is a vegan copycat dish inspired by the highly acclaimed Cheese and Potato pancake from the Pancake Parlour restaurant chain in Australia. To watch the video recipe click here.
Serves 4-5 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 250g Potatoes, grated // from 3 small potatoes
- 1 cup Self raising flour // 130g
- 1 cup Plant milk // 250g
- 30g Lemon juice // from 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- lots of Vegan cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded (recommended: Biolife, Wise Bunny, Follow Your Heart)
- Salad as a side
- Vegan sour cream to serve (recommended: Tofutti, Kite Hill, Alpro)
- Parsley as a garnish
- Mixing bowl
- Large non-stick pan
- Ladle and spatula
- In a large mixing bowl, combine everything together except for the vegan cheese (and the optional ingredients) and mix well.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan on high flame.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese evenly over the pan.
- Reduce heat to a medium flame and spread some batter on the top of the cheese.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over low-medium flame, bubbles should form during this time.
- When the bubbles have popped flip the pancake over and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and cheese.
- Serve with a side salad, some vegan sour cream, and top with a bit of parsley.
Notes: Leftover batter can be stored covered in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days. Pancakes can be made in advance and frozen for future meals, simply lay baking paper in between when freezing for ease of separation.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I never really liked to cook before. To me, cooking was a laborious chore in exchange for the pointlessly short enjoyment of eating.
That is until I became a vegan! Only then did I care to create the foods I craved, as I was motivated to do what's right by the animals, and was equally equipped with a newfound enthusiasm to play around with culinary possibilities. See all recipes by Cheer