Caramelised Banana & Blueberry Tacos
Who said tacos had to be savoury!? The light nuttiness of tahini and smooth, creamy yoghurt enhance the delicious caramelised bananas and fresh blueberries. The cacao nibs and coconut flakes add a satisfying crunch, and all this heavenly goodness is encased in a warm tortilla
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced lengthways into 0.5cm / 0.2″ slices
- 100g / 3.5oz fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp vanilla favoured coconut or soy yoghurt
- 1 heaped Tbsp tahini
- 1.5 Tbsp shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 160°C / 320°F. Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Heat a medium-sized, heavy-based, non-stick or cast iron skillet on medium heat on the stove. Add the coconut oil and once it’s melted, add the sliced bananas. Fry the bananas until they are golden brown on both sides, making sure to rotate them frequently so they won’t stick to the pan.
- Top the warm tortillas with the fried bananas and drizzle with tahini, yoghurt, and maple syrup. Top with blueberries and sprinkle with coconut and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.
Notes: Bananas can be substituted with plantains if available.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Silvo, and this is my beat: a creative collection of plant-based, whole food recipes that are drool-worthy, healthy, and simple to make. See all recipes by Silvobeat