Brown Rice Black Lentil Salad
This Brown Rice Black Lentil Salad is the perfect lunchbox recipe for the work week!
- 1 cup uncooked Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked Beluga or Black Lentils
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried Marjoram
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Scallions (ends removed, sliced)
- 1 cup fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by roasting your sweet potato. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Spray diced sweet potato with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes, or until sweet potato is tender. Set aside.
- Cook rice and lentils according to instructions on packaging.
- Place spices and herbs into a small bowl and whisk together with olive oil, maple syrup and lemon juice. Pour over cooked and drained lentils and rice.
- Add roasted sweet potato, chopped tomatoes and scallions and mix all ingredients together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Before serving, garnish with more chopped scallions and cilantro.
I definitely prefer animals to most human beings, cos I mean, who wouldn't right? See all recipes by Amrita