Breakfast Cinnamon Muffins
Enjoy a healthy treat for breakfast with these cinnamon muffins. So easy to make! Recipe by Lefki.
Serves 12 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20-25 mins
Cinnamon crumble topping:
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 tspn cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups organic flour
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 2 tspn baking powder
- 1/4 tspn baking soda
- 2 tspn ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbs ground flaxseed + 1/3 cup water)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or plant milk of your choice)
- 1/3 sunflower oil
- 1 tspn vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseed together with water and set aside to gel.
- Mix together the ingredients for the Cinnamon Crumble Topping (rolled oats, cinnamon, brown sugar and coconut oil) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix in the raw sugar.
- Use a different bowl for the wet ingredients and mix the coconut milk, sunflower oil, vinegar, and flax egg until well combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Place the cinnamon crumble on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!