- 2 slices of your favourite bread (we’ve used Bakers Delight Cape Seed Loaf)
- 3 slices of vegan bacon / or try making your own! (recipe below)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salad leaves
- vegan margarine (eg. Nuttelex)
- vegan mayonnaise (optional)
- vegetable Oil
Spread the bread with the vegan margarine and mayonnaise (if using).
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and fry ‘bacon’ for a minute or two on each side.
Arrange on bread with the tomato and salad and enjoy!
- Rice paper cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 5 Tbsp oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce, or coconut aminos
Mix up the marinade. Soak the rice paper in cold water until just soft. Soak rice paper in the marinade and then place on a lined baking tray and bake at 180 for about 10 mins.
Recipe By David from A Fist Full of Hummus; Recipes of an Unconventional Vegan