Basil Pesto Pasta
Two words: pesto pasta. This classic Italian dish is easily made vegan by replacing parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast.
Serves 3 to 4 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 0 mins
- 1-2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts / sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice plus more to taste
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- In a food processor, blend all the above ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- If needed, add more of the seasoning and lemon juice to taste.
- To serve, mix the pesto sauce with 3-4 servings of cooked pasta. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
My name is Lenny, known as @vegamelon on Instagram! I became vegan almost four years ago, at the end of my freshman year of high school. See all recipes by Lenny