These are seriously tasty! I used to be a big fan of pancakes, but as I grew older they didn’t leave me feeling too good. I have found that this recipe makes super fluffy, light and flavoursome pancakes!
- 1 mashed banana
- 3/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla bean paste
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp of flax seed + 1 Tbsp of water)
- To make your flax egg simply mix your flax seed meal and water together in a small bowl and leave it for 5 minutes until gooey!
- Pop your banana, flax egg, milk and vanilla into a blender and pulse until well combined.
- Once that is done, add it to a bowl with your flour and mix until well
combined. Pour mix on to a non-stick fry pan and make sure you brown each side nicely.
- I like to add a little bit of sliced banana to each side while it’s still gooey, then flip so your banana also cooks into the pancake.
- Add some toppings…I love to use blueberries and raspberries, as well as goji berries! I also like to add hemp seeds, buckwheat and my favourite chocolate sauce.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Jade Phoenix is a true delight. Not only does she radiate health and happiness, she has so much to offer anyone who is wanting to go vegan, or vegans who are wanting a bit of extra sunshine in their lives! See all recipes by Jade