Baked Chocolate Pandan Donuts
Just what you need in life - fluffy aromatic pandan chocolate donuts "to make your life ‘hole’!" as Joanne says. 😉
Ingredients for Baked Chocolate Pandan Donuts
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp pandan powder or 1/2 tsp pandan extract
2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 tbsp tahini (or any nut butter)
3-4 tbsp maple syrup or 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Ingredients for donut glaze (optional)
1/3 cup coconut yogurt
2 tbsp icing sugar or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well, ensuring the tahini is homogenous with the mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the wet mix and fold until a batter forms. Divide the batter evenly into two mixing bowls.
- Sift cocoa into one bowl and add pandan extract/powder to the other bowl. Mix well.
- Lightly grease a donut tray, carefully spooning the chocolate batter to one side of the ring, and pandan batter to the other side, filling to the top of the mould. Repeat for all donuts
- Bake at 180°C (360°F) for 18-20 mins before removing from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly before glazing donuts (optional – to create glaze, combine coconut yogurt and icing sugar or maple syrup).
- Best served when warm.
(Makes 6 to 8 donuts)
Chocolate Pandan Donuts
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Hey, I'm Joanne. I'm a student dietitian from Sydney, Australia. Having previously studied food science and human nutrition, I am always interested in the culture, social aspects, development and nutritional science of food.
See all recipes by Joanne