Baked Beans on Toast with Turmeric Latte
Swap out your morning coffee with this turmeric latte, easy to make and bursting with spicy zing.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 cup baked beans
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 4 dates (or other sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- A pinch/few grounds of black pepper
- 1 cup plant milk
- Heat the baked beans over stovetop or in microwave. Toast the bread slice, then serve the baked beans over toast topped with diced tomato, fresh basil and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast flakes.
- For the latte, blend all the ingredients in a blender then heat (on stove or in microwave) until warm. Enjoy with the baked beans on toast.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!