Avocado Tofu Toast
A simple and easy to make meal to start your day. Mashed avocado on toasted rye bread topped with slabs of turmeric coated tofu.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 150g/5.3oz firm tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- 80g/2.8oz avocado (1/4 medium-size avo)
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices dark rye bread (e.g. Abbott’s Dark Rye sliced bread)
- Optional: chilli flakes, iodised salt to taste, chopped spring onion to serve
- Cut the tofu into 1cm (approx. 1/3 in) thick slabs.
- In a shallow bowl add the turmeric and if using chilli flakes and salt, combine them with the turmeric. Coat each tofu slab with the turmeric mix.
- Preheat a pan on medium-high heat then add olive oil. Cook the tofu slabs for about 5 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mash the avocado and mix in the lemon juice.
- Toast the bread slices then spread the avo mash on top of each followed by the tofu slabs. Garnish with spring onion (optional).
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!