Avocado & Sauteed Mushrooms on Toast
A gourmet-style toasted breakfast or brunch with smashed avo, sautéed mushrooms and wilted spinach on dark rye.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 8 mins | Cooking time: 7 mins
- 200g/7oz mushrooms (3 cups, sliced)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 5ml/0.2oz (1 tsp) olive oil spray
- Handful of baby spinach
- 80g/2.8oz avocado (abt 1/2 medium-size avo)
- 15ml/0.5oz (1 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 2 slices dark rye bread
- Optional: iodised salt to taste
- Slice the mushrooms, heat oil in a pan and fry mushrooms on medium-high for about a minute then add the turmeric and coat all the mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes then add chilli flakes and salt, if using, at the end. (Salt draws out the moisture from the mushrooms so best to add at the end so the mushrooms don’t become too soggy.)
- Turn off the heat then gently stir in the spinach until wilted.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and mix in the lemon juice.
- Toast the bread slices then spread the avo mash on top of each followed by the mushroom/spinach mix. Enjoy!
Macros – Carb: 44g Fat: 18g Prot: 16g Calories: 402
This recipe is part of the 7-day Endurance meal plan
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!