Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Apple and cinnamon is definitely my favorite combination, it just fits together perfectly and tastes great as a compote, cake, with crepes or just in these muffins. The muffins are made very quickly and have only a few ingredients.
- 200 gr (7 oz. ) apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 juice of 1/2 lemon
- 300 gr ( 2 1/3 cups) flour e.g. spelt
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) coconut blossom sugar or a different kind of your choice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- optional: 1 pinch of cloves or nutmeg
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) vegan butter/margarine melted
- 200 ml (1 cup) sparkling water
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) plant-based milk e.g. oat, soy
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Peel and cut the apples in small dices and mix them with cinnamon and lemon juice – place aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder & cinnamon).
- Melt the butter/margarine and let it cool off a little.
- Mix with water, milk and apple cider vinegar and add it to the dry ingredients.
- Mix it all well but not for too long.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Add paper muffin liners into the muffin pan or alternatively grease the pan.
- Bake the muffins at 180°C (356°F) for approx. 25 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Freistyle is a food, travel and lifestyle blog, where I share my passion for healthy food and plant based recipes – but also pursuing my other passions like traveling with the family, styling and photography and living a healthy and sustainable lifestyle. See all recipes by Verena