- 1 packet of dry active yeast
- 1 tsp of sugar (we used turbinado sugar)
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
For bbq sauce
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 1/8 cup of maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of molasses
- 1 Tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp of stone ground mustard
- 1 Tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of turbinado sugar
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup of soaked cashews
- 1/4 cup of filtered water
- 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of pink himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 3oz of tempeh
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of paprika
- Pinch of pink himalayan salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Diced pineapple
- Sliced red onion
- Combine dry active yeast with sugar and pour in warm water. Stir until yeast is dissolved and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine flour and olive oil. When yeast is ready (if yeast is not foamy start over) mix into dry ingredients.
- Knead dough on flat surface. Coat the bowl you just used with a dash of olive oil and place dough back in bowl. Cover with a small towel and set in a warm room for two hours.
- In a small pan on medium heat combine all ingredients for bbq sauce. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once sauce is ready cover and remove from heat. Combine all ingredients for cashew cheese into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside when finished.
- Combine all ingredients for tempah bacon into a small bowl excluding tempah. Stir well and then add tempeh. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and cook tempeh for 3 minutes each side. Preheat oven to 375°. Grab dough and form into desired size on a baking sheet.
- Top with sauce. Followed by cheese, bacon, and toppings. Place pizza back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Once time is up, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with crushed red pepper flakes and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
We were first introduced to Veganism almost two years ago when one of us saw the trailer to Forks Over Knifes (not even the whole thing). See all recipes by Christina and Raymond