Almond Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Delicious Almond Butter Thumbprints by the talented Teri-Ann Carty
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 5 Tbsp warm water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup smooth almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Jam of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare cookie sheet with parchment or silicone liner.
- In a small bowl, mix flaxseed meal with water and allow to sit for 10 to 15 min until gloopy egg-like consistency achieved.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, protein powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add almond butter, almond extract, and flax eggs, and stir until well combined.
- Shape dough into balls and roll between your hands until really smooth (to prevent cracking). Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Use your thumb to put an indent into the middle of each cookie. Fill each indent with a small spoonful of jam.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.