Air-fryer Vegan Spanakopita ★★★★★1 review
This spanakopita recipe produces a super crispy pastry when using an air-fryer. You've got to try it! Recipe by Eden.
Serves 6 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 17 mins
- 375g firm tofu block
- 1 small brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cashew parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano & basil
- 3 sheets vegan puff pastry
- In a large bowl, crumble the tofu into small pieces and combine all the filling ingredients and mix together.
- Thaw puff pastry and cut in half into rectangles. Spoon the filling mixture along the bottom of each piece.
- Preheat air fryer to 170°C/325°F for 5 minutes.
- Roll up the pastry to form a log and repeat with remaining pieces.
- Assemble inside the air-fryer into a spiral shape. Brush with melted vegan butter and cook for 15-17 mins. Very gently flip it over onto a towel or plate, then place back inside the air-fryer upside down to cook the bottom for a further 10 mins.
- Remove and flip back around again. Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Eden. I'm an Australian food blogger from Sydney but now living in the cold Snowy Mountains of Australia. I've been vegan for 6 years and I love creating really delicious but simple recipes. I hope to inspire others with my easy to follow recipes and show them how fun eating vegan and plant-based can be. See all recipes by Eden
So thrilled to vegan this dish