Adzuki Bean Burger with Wedges
Load up on adzuki beans for that perfect nutty, meaty burger texture, with a side of roasted potato wedges.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup cooked/canned adzuki beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large potato (or two small ones), peeled & cut into wedges
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne powder (spiciness depends on your taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley (or other herb of choice)
- pinch iodised salt (optional)
- 1 wholemeal bread roll
- 1 Tbsp hummus
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 a tomato, sliced
- 2-3 avocado slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C / 335F and have a baking sheet ready.
- In a bowl, combine potato wedges with cumin, cayenne, dried herb and salt (optional). Place wedges on baking sheet and roast in oven for 30 minutes, turning them halfway through.
- While wedges are roasting, mash the beans well and blend in all the other patty ingredients, adding a little water if the mixture is too dry.
- Shape into a patty and fry on both sides until cooked through.
- Assemble patty in a wholemeal roll with hummus, spinach and tomato, and serve with a side of potato wedges.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!