Warming Winter Stew
A perfect filling stew for those cold winter days. Serves 4
- 2lt vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups macaroni
- 1 cup mixed soup grains
- 1/8 leek (white part)
- 1 brown onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 2 desiree potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stock pot add vegetable stock, leek, garlic, oil, onion and soup grains.
- Cook on medium heat for 35 minutes until grains are tender.
- Chop carrot, potatoes and broccoli into bite sized pieces.
- Add vegetables and macaroni to stock pot for a further 8-10 minutes. More water may be needed to keep the pasta cooking thoroughly.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread.