These waffles are super simple to make and require very few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. They also happen to be gluten free, dairy free, egg free, sugar free and vegan, and they taste delicious! Juliette's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1SgDufL
- 1 cup gf oat flour (simply process rolled oats in food processor or blender)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Make your ‘buttermilk’ by combining the milk and vinegar in a bowl.
2. While you leave the buttermilk to curdle, add the dry ingredients to a separate large mixing bowl and mix together.
3. Add the vanilla extract to the buttermilk and mix well.
4. Now add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and stir until the batter is well incorporated.
5. Preheat your waffle iron and let the waffle batter rest while the iron preheats.
6. Cook the waffles according to your iron’s instructions and serve with your favourite toppings.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!