Vietnamese Vermicelli Salad
The crunch of roasted peanuts, fresh herbs, crispy tofu, pickled daikon and a drizzle of Nuoc Cham sauce combine to make this Vietnamese classic the perfect fresh and healthy meal for warm summer nights. Serves four.
- 250g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 small daikon, julienned and pickled (can also use red radish)
- 1 small cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup mixed herbs (we used mint and coriander, however you can use a mixture of your favourites including Thai basil and perilla- Try the markets for some great flavours)
- 1/4 bunch butter lettuce (optional)
- 200g firm tofu, sliced
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1/4 cup crushed and toasted peanuts
Nuac Cham Sauce:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the packet instructions. Run them under cold water to cool, then place in large bowl.
Place the pickled carrot and daikon, cucumber, herbs, bean spprouts and peanuts on top of the noodles
Fry the tofu with half the chilli until crispy then add to noddles and vegetables.
Mix togehter all the ingredients for the Nuac Cham sauce in a small bowl.
Dress the salad with the Nuac Cham sauce just before you serve.
Mix well and garnish with extra chilli.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!