Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
These rolls are super fresh and full of flavour. For summer lunches you can swap out your veggies with fruits and sweet rice.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 20 mins | Cooking time: 0 mins
- 2 tsp Sweet Chilli Sauce (check ingredients for GF option)
- 2 tsp soy sauce (use Tamari for GF option)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 x 22cm round rice papers
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, cut into short thin strips
- 1/4 small red capsicum, cut into short, thin strips
- 1/2 small carrot, cut into short thin strips
- 1/2 cup snow pea sprouts, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp crushed peanuts
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place all the pre-prepared filling ingredients in bowls or plates on your kitchen work bench/table.
- Half fill a large bowl with hot water. Dip one wrapper in the water for 20 seconds, or until it is just soft.
- Drain off excess water and place on a clean surface.
- Place a few pieces of each of the filling ingredients on the wrapper, about 3cm (1 1/4 in) from the base. Fold up the bottom of the wrapper.
- Fold in the sides and roll up to enclose filling.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling ingredients.
- Serve rice-paper rolls with the dipping sauce.
Note: You can also add strips of pre-cooked tofu or tempeh into the filling for more protein content.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!