Vegan Tuna Casserole
The classic Tuna Casserole gets a vegan makeover. This amazing recipe is by the incredibly talented The Yummy Vegan.
- 2 Packages Vegan Tuna (Loma or any other brand)
- 1/2 package plus a 1/4 cup of Elbow Macaroni
- 1/2 cup Frozen Broccoli Florets (You an use Peas instead)
- 1 Medium Gold Potato
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 of Small Onion
- 1 cup Frozen Mixed Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Raw Soaked Cashews
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1/2 tsp of Umami Flavoring (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of Onion Salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Grated Vegan Parmesan ( I used Follow Your Heart)
- 1/2 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp of melted Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Grated Vegan Parmesan
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped Parsley
1. Soak the Cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes then rinse and set aside.
2. Boil the Onion, Garlic and Potato for about 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
3. Blend together the Cashews, Potato, Onion and Garlic along with 1/2 cup water, Nutritional Yeast, Onion Salt, Salt & Pepper and Umami Seasoning.
4. Once the Sauce is blended until creamy, add in the Unsweetend Nut Milk and the thawed Mushrooms and quickly pulse a few times to incorporate the mushrooms (don’t over blend, you want a little bit of mushroom in the sauce).
5. Boil the pasta according to the package directions and just before it’s done, add in the frozen broccoli.
6. In a large bowl combine the cooked Pasta, 1/2 cup Grated Vegan Parmesan, the Fish Free Tuna and Sauce and mix well.
5. Pour the Pasta and Tuna mixture into a a greased baking dish.
6. Combine the melted Butter, 2 Tbsp of Parmesan, chopped Parsley and Bread Crumbs and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
7. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!