Vegan Sticky Chilli Prawns
These Vegan Sticky Chili Prawns by Kelly Stafford of The Rose and Bean will be a hit with your dinner party guests!
- 250g frozen Vegan Prawns
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vegan Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar
- 1 Lime (juice and zest)
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Half a Chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 1 inch fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- Handful fresh Parsley, chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Begin by making the sauce. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, agave nectar, lime juice, garlic cloves, chilli and ginger. Mix well and set aside.
- Next, in a large frying pan, heat your olive oil over a medium heat.
- Once hot, add in your frozen prawns and stir.
- When the prawns look like they have defrosted slightly (a couple of minutes), add in your sauce. It will seem a lot, but do not worry at this stage.
- Stir well and continue to fry, stirring frequently.
- Cook until most of the liquid has disappeared, about 10 minutes. Add in your fresh parsley and stir.
- Cook until the sauce has all but disappeared and the prawns have a sticky consistency.
- Put in bowls and garnish with the rest of the parsley, lime zest and fresh chilli. Serve with lime wedge!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!