Vegan S’mores Pie
A graham cracker crust layered with chocolate cream pie and topped with homemade vegan marshmallow topping!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust of choice
Chocolate Cream Pie:
- 1 12 oz. package silken (firm or extra firm) or 1 ½ cups soft tofu
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil (melted)
- 3/4 cup vegan sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 tsp agar agar
- 3/4 cup vegan sugar
- Put all the ingredients for the chocolate cream pie filling into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy. (You may need to stop a few times and scrape the edges).
- Pour the chocolate filling into the graham cracker crust and smooth it out.
- Place the chocolate pie in the refrigerator while you make the marshmallow topping.
Make the marshmallow topping:
- Pour the liquid from a can of chickpeas into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add cream of tartar and beat with a mixer for 6 minutes until very very fluffy. Then add the vanilla and beat for 3 additional minutes. (You will beat the aquafaba for a total of 9 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and agar agar and bring to a slow boil.
- Boil the water and agar agar for 3 minutes and then add the sugar and slowly boil for an additional 3 minutes while stirring constantly making sure not to burn the sugar mixture. (The agar agar mixture will boil for a total of 6 minutes).
- Pour the agar agar and sugar mixture slowly into the fluffy aquafaba while beating with your mixer on low.
- Beat in the sugar mixture on low for about 30 seconds until it is all incorporated and it becomes slightly shiny.
- Immediately top your pie with the marshmallow topping, spreading it out evenly over your pie.
- Refrigerate your pie for an additional 2 hours or more to allow it to firm up and set completely.
- Once it has set, you can use a culinary torch to “toast” the marshmallow topping.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
With over 20 years of being vegan and raising 2 vegan boys since birth, I've learned how to feed a hungry vegan family! See all recipes by Monica