Vegan Shish Kebabs
Perfect for a Christmas barbecue, these are quick and easy! These shish kebabs are best on the barbecue, but they can also be made in an oven or fry pan. The below quantities will make 6 shish kebab skewers. The recipe is flexible and you can swap ingredients out for your favourite vegetables and plant meats.
Serves 6 | Prep time: 10 mins + resting time | Cooking time: 12 mins
- 300g / 10.6oz seasoned tofu of your choice, cubed
- 2 medium sized carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano and basil; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Thread tofu, carrot, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and mushrooms onto skewers. Place skewers onto a surface where you can brush olive oil mixture onto the skewers and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Place onto the barbecue and cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately and enjoy hot!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!