Vegan Pumpkin Truffles
"These healthy and delicious vegan chocolate pumpkin spice truffles are easy to make with just 7 simple ingredients." ~ Deryn from Running on Real Food.
Serves 10 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (120 g)
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour (35 g)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (75 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (150 g)
- Line a plate or baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add everything except the chocolate to a bowl and mix well until it forms a mouldable dough. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces and then roll each piece into a ball and place on the prepared tray or plate.
- Melt the chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler until completely smooth. If using a microwave, stirring every 15-20 seconds until melted.
- Use a fork to roll each ball in the melted chocolate until fully coated and then place back on the parchment paper. If desired, sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt (if adding extra chocolate drizzle after, wait and sprinkle with sea salt then).
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes until the chocolate is hardened.
- Optional: For a pretty effect, drizzle the balls with additional melted chocolate and a sprinkle with coarse sea salt and set in the fridge for another 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
I'm Deryn, I live in BC, Canada. Since 2013 I've been sharing my experiences in healthy eating, fitness and fuelling your "engine" with real, plant-based foods. See all recipes by Deryn