Vegan Lasagna Soup
The perfect one-pot Italian soup for lazy days.
Makes 6 serves
- 5 sheets lasagna
- 1 cup brown lentil
- 3 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes with basil (either canned or fresh)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt as per taste
- 1L water/ as required to get the desired consistency
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add the chopped garlic and onion. Cook until the onions start turning brown.
- Add in the vegetable stock cube and tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add in the mushrooms, cooked brown lentil, salt, dry herbs and spices. Mix well and cook until all moisture evaporates.
- Add chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and water. Let it simmer for around 3-4 minutes.
- Break lasagna sheets into whatever size pieces you prefer, add to the pot and cook until lasagna is almost done.
- Next, add the spinach and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- When ready, garnish with some Italian seasoning and chilli flakes.
Recipe & photo by www.greenbowl2soul.com