Vegan Corn Dog Bites
A vegan hot dog baked inside a mini corn muffin to make a bite-sized appetizer or kid-friendly snack.
Serves 12 mini-corn dog muffins | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup cornmeal (use gluten-free if needed).
- 3/4 cup flour (use an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix if needed).
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil canola oil or light olive oil works best
- 3 large vegan hot dogs
- spray oil
- Heat the oven to 205°C/400°F.
- Spray mini muffin tins with spray oil and set aside.
- Measure out the dry ingredients for the cornbread batter in a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins filling them about 3/4 of the way full.
- Cut up the vegan hot dogs in about 1/2 inch (1.25cm) pieces. (The same length as your tin is deep).
- Press the hot dogs into the center of each muffin and stick a toothpick in it
- Bake at for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve with a vegan dipping sauce of choice.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
With over 20 years of being vegan and raising 2 vegan boys since birth, I've learned how to feed a hungry vegan family! See all recipes by Monica