Vegan Anzac Biscuits
These tasty vegan biscuits are perfect for Anzac day or any time of the year! Recipe by Jo Osborne.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegan margarine (eg. Nuttelex)
- 2 Tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 Tbsp boiling water
1. Heat oven to 180C / 355F. Grease 2 baking trays.
2. In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, coconut and sugar.
3. Melt the margarine and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
4. Place the bicarbonate of soda into a small bowl and mix with the boiling water. Add this mixture to the melted margarine and syrup.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Roll the mixture into balls (slightly smaller than golf ball size). Place on baking trays and flatten slightly.
7. Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.
8. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven so let them cool slightly on the tray first before placing on a cooling rack.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!