Tomato Soup with Roasted Garlic Cream and Smoked Paprika
Perfect for a cold night, warms you up like snuggling under a blanket on the couch! Zoe's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1CZrU3t
- tomatoes – about ten medium or however many will fit in your blender!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 pack of tofu (I used the Aldi one, but any firm tofu will work)
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup soaked cashews (soaked 1 hour to overnight, or not at all if using a high speed blender)
- 3-5 cloves roasted garlic (or to taste)
- water (up to half a cup depending on cashews)
- pinch of salt
1. Chop then sauté eggplant, tofu, mushrooms, zucchini and paprika in a large pot until soft.
2. Blend tomatoes then add to pot with other vegetables. Add salt and pepper.
1. Blend cashews with a little water, garlic and a pinch of salt. Start with a teensy bit of water and add more as you go until you have a creamy consistency.