Tofu & Wakame Miso Soup
There are few things as uplifting and nourishing as a warm miso soup on a cold day.
- 1 cup vegetable stock (kombu/shitake stock is a good option and it can be purchased in sachets from most Asian grocers)
- 180g/6.35oz of silken tofu, cut into approx. 1 cm cubes
- 1 large pinch dried wakame seaweed
- 1 sliced shallot
- 2 tsp white miso paste soaked in water
- 2 brown rice cakes
- 1 Tbsp tahini (or your favourite nut butter)
- 1 small tomato
- A few slices of cucumber
- Heat stock in a saucepan to a gentle simmer then add the tofu, wakame and shallots and when simmering again stir in the miso paste. (Force miso through a strainer for a better result).
- Remove from heat.
- Serve with 2 brown rice cakes spread with tahini and topped with tomato and cucumber.
LunchSoupAsianLow FatLow Carb