The easiest and probably one of the greatest breakfast meals. An essential recipe for any vegan! One of the things that helped our guest food blogger Grace recover from being sick was to know the different health benefits of each food. She has been kind enough to share her research with us. So.. Here is a little bit about tofu: - Tofu is made from fermented soy beans and is a wonderful addition to a vegan diet as it is high in protein, calcium, iron, magnesium and zinc AND contains all 8 essential amino acids. - Tofu contains folate which is a bone strengthening B vitamin! - Tofu is low in calories and contains NO cholesterol which may LOWER the risk of heart disease!!! Grace's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1bJMQS8
- 100g / 3.5oz tofu (I use organic firm tofu)Teaspoon turmeric
- Tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add ins: kale, spinach, chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic mushrooms.
- In a medium pan, add tofu (mash with fork until crumbly), turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and any add ins you like.
- “Scramble” ingredients together until tofu is coated in turmeric and nutritional yeast.
- Mix tofu scramble on the heat for approx. 3 minutes or until your add ins and tofu are well combined.
- Serve on toast with avocado, enjoy in a wrap, or add to any dish as a side for a delicious and healthy hit of protein!
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!