- 250g tofu
- 150g cashews
- 3/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of vegan margarine or Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Braggs or Tamari sauce
- 1/2 a bunch of basil finely chopped
- 2 sheets of vegan puff pastry
Finely grind cashews in blender. Crumble tofu in mixing bowl and add the blended cashews, mix with fingers to combine. Chop basil leaves and add to tofu and cashew mixture. Add margarine (or oil), yeast flakes and Braggs and mix through.
Preheat oven according to pastry instructions. From sheets of puff
pastry use a glass to cut rounds then drop them into a greased muffin tin and gently push down to form cups – if they wrinkle then just squeeze the wrinkles together to smooth.
Spoon in the tofu mixture and bake in oven until the pastry is brown
on the bottom (check by lifting one).
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!