Tofu Gnocchi in Creamy Avocado Sauce
The tofu pesto gnocchi recipe on our website is one of our most popular and avidly searched recipes, so we decided to create another tofu gnocchi recipe for you, this time with a creamy avocado sauce made with cashews and silverbeet, an excellent source of vitamin K. So deliciously comforting and healthful!
Serves 2 | Prep time: 25 mins | Cooking time: 10 mins
- 400g/14.1oz firm silken tofu
- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 30g/1oz nutritional yeast powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 avocado
- 50g/1.8oz cashew nuts
- 70g/2.5oz silverbeet (can sub with other green leafy vegetable)
- juice of one lemon
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley & mint
- salt, to taste
- In a large pot, pour in water to bring to a boil.
- While the water is on its way to boiling, drain the silken tofu and in a bowl, mash with a fork. Mix in the flour, nutritional yeast and salt. Use your hands to mix it into a dough. The mixture will be a little sticky.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts. Dust your bench top or other flat surface with flour and roll the dough into long logs about 1.5cm/0.6in diameter, then cut into 2.5cm/1in pieces.
- Add some salt to the boiling water, then drop in the gnocchi. Once the gnocchi rises to the surface (it should take about 3 minutes), remove with a slotted spoon.
- Combine all avocado sauce ingredients in a blender. (If you don’t have a high-speed blender, soak the cashews in hot water for about 5 minutes first.) Blend until fluffy and creamy.
- Drain any excess water from the gnocchi, then mix it with 1/3 of the avocado sauce. Divide onto two plates and serve. Store the remaining sauce in the fridge in an airtight container. It can be used as a dip, sauce or spread.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!