Tofu and Kale Pastries
A perfect lunchbox savoury treat for kids or a party snack. Maddie's food journal: http://on.fb.me/1vyGesd
Serves 6 | Prep time: 15 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped roughly
- 500g / 18oz firm tofu
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 6 sheets vegan puff pastry
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp soy milk
- Sauté the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes then add the kale and stir until wilted (about 3-5 mins).
- Place the tofu in a food processor and add the zest of the lemon, then the juice and some salt and pepper. Process until smooth then add to the kale/onion/garlic along with the pine nuts and stir through.
- Cut the sheets of pastry in half and then place the filling along one edge. Roll the pastry tightly and then cut into 4. Repeat with the rest of your pastry sheets and filling.
- Place the pastries onto baking paper on baking trays. Using a pastry brush, brush on the soy milk onto the top of the pastry. Sprinkle cracked black pepper on top along with a sprinkling of salt.
- Bake in the oven at 180C / 355F for about 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!