Thai Basil Chilli Tofu
Thai Basil Chili Tofu for all the tofu lovers! Recipe by Woon Heng
- 14oz firm tofu, pressed & cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped red jalapeno/red chili
- 1/2 cup packed Thai basil
- oil for cooking, salt to taste
- rice for servings
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of water/veggie broth
- Mix together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a heated non-stick pan with about 3 teaspoons of oil, pan-fry tofu cubes until lightly brown on all sides by flipping occasionally, then season with a pinch of salt. Transfer tofu to a bowl until ready to use.
- Using the same pan, add another teaspoon of oil, sauté ginger, then garlic until fragrant & add in chopped red jalapeno.
- Add in the tofu, sauce then basil & toss them quickly using a spatula until all tofu is coated with sauce. Season accordingly if needed. Serve warm and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!