Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake with Mocha Whipped Cream
This Sweet Potato Chocolate Cake with Mocha Whipped Cream (Vegan & GF) by 365CleanEats is fluffy, soft and delightful.
Chocolate cake /18cmx18cm square pan:
- 120g almond meal
- 60g brown rice flour (or rice flour)
- 40g corn starch
- 70g coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 150 g cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 3 Tbsp. neutral oil
- 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/3cup (80ml) soy milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 30g walnuts
- 1 can coconut cream (refrigerate for 24h)
- 1-2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground coffee
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C. Line a pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, place soy milk and vinegar and mix well. Add flaxseed meal and 4 Tbsp. water. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken.
3. In the same bowl, add mashed sweet potato, oil, coconut sugar, almond meal, and salt. Mix well.
4. In the same bowl, add rest of the sifted ingredients (rice flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder), and chopped walnuts. Mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth down evenly.
6. Bake it for 25 minutes or until well baked. After cooling down, place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, as the cake tastes better well chilled.
7. Open the chilled coconut cream can and scoop out the solidified cream on top in a bowl. Add maple syrup, raw cacao powder, and ground coffee to the same bowl. Beat the cream with an electric hand mixer until it turns to a thick whipped cream.
8. Spread the cream on top. Keep it in the fridge just until serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!