Spinach & Pine Nut Rolls
This is a total guest pleaser. If you want to get fancy try pan roasting the pine nuts.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 30 mins
- 100g/3.5oz of tempeh diced into cubes
- 1/4 cup leek (white part only; rinsed and thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 tsp oil (optional)
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- Pinch of iodised salt (optional)
- 1 sheet of vegan wholemeal puff pastry
- Soy milk to glaze
- 1 medium carrot
- A few chunks of sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F.
- Fry the chopped onion and leek until they start turning soft. Add the tempeh and spices and cook for a further 5 mins until the tempeh starts to brown slightly. Once browned transfer into a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix through thoroughly.
- Remove the sheet of vegan puff pastry from the freezer and allow to defrost. Place the mixture onto the sheets of puff pastry in a line along one edge of the pastry. Starting from the edge that has the mixture on it, roll the pastry towards the opposite side forming a log. Lightly press the pastry mix to flatten into a sausage roll shape and cut to desired length.
- Cover a tray with baking paper and place the rolls evenly spread out. Lightly brush the top with soy milk.
- Cut the carrot and sweet potato into small chunks and place on baking tray with the rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!