Spinach & Lentil Soup
Soup can’t get much easier to make than this. For extra creaminess stir in some vegan sour cream or tahini.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- Small amount of minced garlic
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1 cup canned/cooked brown lentils
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread (use vegan gluten free bread for GF option)
- 1 Tbsp tahini (or vegan sour cream)
- Iodised salt & pepper to season (optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the stock and lentils to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the lentils are very soft (you may need to add some water depending on the desired consistency).
- Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with a dollop of tahini or vegan sour cream and cracked pepper, and serve with wholemeal bread.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!
Absolutely delicious and do easy to make.
Thanks Julie! We’re glad you enjoyed it😊
This is the most delicious quick easy meal. Something so simple has never tasted so good 😊