Spinach & Lentil Soup
Soup can’t get much easier to make than this. For extra creaminess stir in some vegan sour cream (Tofutti is our fave) or tahini.
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- Small amount of minced garlic
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Massel salt-reduced stock powder
- 1 cup of canned/cooked brown lentils
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread (use gluten free bread for GF option)
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- Iodised salt & pepper to season (optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the stock and lentils to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until the lentils are very soft (you may need to add the 1 cup of water as the lentils soak in the stock).
- Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Optional: Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with a dollop of tahini or vegan sour cream and cracked pepper, and serve with bread.