Spicy Thai Noodles
Day one done! Congratulations on your first day of the easy challenge. Celebrate with some delicious spicy noodles.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 15 mins
- 100g/3.5oz rice noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil for frying
- 120g/4.2oz firm tofu
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1/2 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 – 3 broccoli florets
- 1/2 chopped red capsicum (peppers)
- 2 medium sticks celery, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 small piece of ginger, grated (or a tsp of bottled crushed ginger)
- 1/2 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/4 sweet green chilli
- 1 Tbsp crushed peanuts
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce (can use a GF soy sauce or Tamari sauce)
- 1 tsp kecap manis (can use a GF sweet soy sauce)
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Prepare the noodles by soaking in boiling water for a few minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat and drizzle in some oil.
- Add the tofu cubes and soy sauce and cook until browned.
- Add the carrots, capsicum, celery, broccoli, spring onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, peanuts then stir in a dash of water and put a lid on the wok and simmer until the veggies have softened a little.
- Add the bok choy leaves and continue cooking, while stirring so the bottom of the pan doesn’t burn.
- Stir in the noodles and serve once the noodles have warmed.
- Serve with fresh coriander.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!