Siron (Σιρον) – Veganised Greek Pontian Yoghurt Dish
Easy to make, veganised version of siron, a traditional Greek Pontian dish made with thin flat bread or wraps, yoghurt and garlic. A simple recipe that can be enjoyed as a tasty snack or side dish.
Serves 3-4 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 6 wholemeal wraps (for GF use gluten free wraps)
- 1/2 veg stock cube
- 1 cup boiled water
- 350g/12oz Greek-style soy yoghurt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1-2 minced garlic cloves)
- salt, to taste
- Heat the wraps in the oven or under the grill for a few minutes. Then roll them and cut them into about 3cm (1 1/4 in) pieces and place in a deep dish, as shown below.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiled water. Add about 1/3 cup of the liquid stock to the rolled wraps then set aside to soak up.
- Add the garlic, mint, salt and remaining liquid stock to the yoghurt and combine well. The hot liquid is added to warm up the yoghurt.
- Pour the yoghurt mix over the rolled wraps, covering them well.
- Enjoy as a side dish with salad or as a snack.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!