This comforting classic will warm your heart and satisfy your hunger.
Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 55 mins
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 small brown onion
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked brown lentils (or canned lentils)
- 1/4 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein), soaked in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp tomato chutney/relish (optional)
- 2 tsp tomato sauce (ketchup) (optional)
- 3 tsp vegan gravy powder
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Pinch of iodised salt (optional) & pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp vegan margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup of lettuce leaves to serve
- Heat oil in heavy based pan and cook onions for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Add garlic and cook for further 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add zucchini, peas, carrots, mushrooms, lentils and TVP and cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chutney, ketchup, gravy and herbs and stir through.
- Season to taste and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in boiling, salted water for 10 minutes or until soft. Then drain, and mash together with soy milk and vegan margarine. Season to taste.
- Put vegetable mix in an oven-proof dish and spread mashed potato on top.
- Bake at 180C/355F for 30 minutes or until potato is golden on top. Serve with lettuce leaves.
Have you made this recipe?
Share a photo and tag us - @veganeasy — we can't wait to see it!